Melted Inside International Limited ("we", “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Notice (“Notice”) (together with and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws”) the Data Controller is Melted Inside International Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12197482, with its registered office at 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN26 6EA.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONInformation we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the Melted Inside marketplace (“Melted Inside”) and provision of our Services:
- We will process personal details such as your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and any information provided by you when using Melted Inside, attending events (either trade shows and other networking events, or events run or supported by us), completing our survey forms and otherwise using our Services
- Information that you provide in the course of communications with us. This includes information you provide when requesting further details of our products and services, registering on Melted Inside, and in relation to any feedback.
- In the case of Buyers, we may process your financial information, including bank details and other payment information, in order to deal with payments and refunds.
- In the case of Sellers, we will process your financial information in order to deal with payments and refunds.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to Melted Inside including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The provision of certain information is required from you to enable us to provide you with our Services. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- Names, addresses and other information required for delivery purposes, in the event that a Buyer wishes Products to be sent to a third party.
- Names, public profiles and communications with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATIONLawful basis for processing
We rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data where you have agreed to participate in a survey, and on which we send you newsletters and promotional materials which we feel may be of interest to you, including in relation to Sellers and other third parties, where you have signed up on our website to receive such newsletters and promotional materials.
We rely on performance of a contract as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you when you register on Melted Inside and/or contact us in relation to the Services we provide.
We also rely on performance of a contract in relation to Sellers in order to make your profile and limited personal details searchable by other users in order for them to interact with you, view your location and your profile description. This information may not be personal data in relation to all Sellers.
Otherwise, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are performance of contracts with Buyers, Sellers and other suppliers, marketing and business development and the administration and improvement of Melted Inside.Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you or the organisation that you are engaged by with our services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you (or the organisation that you are engaged by) and us.
- To provide you with information, products, services and offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content on Melted Inside is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view Melted Inside.
- To carry out analysis and review on the business performance of Melted Inside.
- To carry out training for our staff and other suppliers.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information (and, where you have consented, permit selected third parties to use your information), to notify you about goods, activities or services which may be of interest to you. Where we do this, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only if you have consented to such communication. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please either (i) tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (for example, the registration form); (ii) unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication; or (iii) inform us at any time by contacting us at the contact details set out below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By purchasing any Product via Melted Inside, you are disclosing your information to the applicable Sellers. The Sellers are separate data controllers to Melted Inside. Please review the privacy notice in the Seller Terms in relation to their processing of your personal data prior to engaging with them.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. payment services).
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions for Buyers and/or Sellers; or
- to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our affiliated entities and our users and any third party we interact with the to provide Melted Inside; or
- in relation to selected third parties only, only to the extent that you have consented to such selected third parties notifying you about certain goods or services, which may be of interest to you.
Other than as set out above, and save insofar as is necessary in order for us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, we will not share your data with third parties unless we have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATASecurity
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Melted Inside; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change, please update your profile on Melted Inside. If you are not registered on Melted Inside, or are otherwise unable to update your profile, please contact us using the contact details below.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.How long we keep your personal data
We will hold the data set out above for a reasonable time having regard to the nature of the personal data and the purpose for which it was collected. In particular:
- Where we hold your personal data in connection with the performance of a contract with one of our customers or suppliers, we will hold your data, and in particular any communications between you and us in relation to the negotiation or performance of the contract by either party for so long as that contract is in force and for a period of at least 7 years after;
- Where we hold your data in connection with the marketing or promotion of our business, we will hold your data for up to 2 years, or for up to 2 years after you last communicated with us, if later.
- In respect of website usage data, we hold your data for 3 years from the date of collection.
All information we hold about you is stored on secure servers within the UK.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal data will be subject to appropriate safeguards (either a UK or European Commission approved contract or Privacy Shield, as permitted under Article 46(5) of the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom or EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email or write to us,
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify this Notice at any time. Any changes we may make to our Notice in the future will be notified and made available to you using Melted Inside. Your continued use of the services and Melted Inside shall be deemed your acceptance of the varied Notice.
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access Melted Inside including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to third party affiliates. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may, however, use such information in conjunction with the data we have about you in order to track your usage of our services.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Melted Inside when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Melted Inside works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Melted Inside. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Melted Inside, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Melted Inside. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to Melted Inside, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to our affiliates’ websites. We will use this information to make Melted Inside, offers e-mailed to you and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies which are strictly necessary for the core functionality of the website are enabled by default, and set automatically at the point you access the website.
Any cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website will not be set unless you expressly consent to them through the cookie banner by clicking “accept”.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Melted Inside.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Notice should be addressed to email@example.com.